These tools are provided as a free service. Your feedback would be appreciated.
Pole Type Importer
Create a spreadsheet containing data for new Pole Types then import it into the Poles database, rather than entering data manually.
- Download the tool and documentation from https://polesnwires.com/downloads/files/poletypeimporter.zip.
- Unzip the file to any location on your computer.
- There is an instruction PDF in the package.
- Your computer must have an existing installation of Poles ‘n’ Wires.
Conductor Bundle Size Calculator
You need to know the overall diameter of a conductor bundle for wind loading. This tool does a calculation for up to 6 sub-conductors, determining the diameter of the smallest circle that will enclose the grouping of circles (sub-conductors).
Download the tool from https://polesnwires.com/downloads/files/getdiameter.exe. It does not need to be installed.
Clone and Modify a Conductor Record
You may need to create a new conductor derived from an existing conductor eg a twinned conductor, where the only difference is mass and diameter. You can select the “base” conductor and create the new record more easily than direct interaction with the Database interface.
- Select the base conductor from the list of existing conductors
- Enter the new code (must be unique in the database)
- Enter the new mass and diameter
- Click Save to database
- You need to restart Poles ‘n’ Wires to use the new conductor
Download the tool from https://polesnwires.com/downloads/files/bundled_cables.exe. It does not need to be installed.